Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Echo Lake Fun


It's been four whole years since the last time we stayed at the cabin. This isn't just any log cabin. My mom and dad along with all of the aunts and uncles and of course the grandparents helped build our cabin when I was two years old. The wood flooring in the cabin is from my dad's old elementary school. I spent all of my childhood summers here swimming, tubing, canoeing, swinging on the rope swing and sleeping in one the of the many antique brass beds lining the top floor. The miraculous thing is the cabin really hasn't changed in all these years--same furniture, same curtains, same rugs, same bed, same dishes... I didn't realize how much I missed the cabin until I walked through the door. It was so fun to share the joys of the cabin with my own children.

Here is a view of Echo Lake from the third floor balcony of the cabin.



The boys had a blast! They went swimming for hours every day, went for tube rides behind the boat, jumped off the platform, swung off the rope swing, caught turtles out in turtle bay in the canoe,and crawdads off the dock at night. Ezzie mastered the kayak and even took Reuben out for a few rides. For the Fourth, a few of my siblings drove out to the Indian Reservation and purchased illegal fireworks and we had quite the show from the dock! It really was a perfect vacation.















7 comments:

Lake said...

Great pictures Brooke. I really enjoyed our short trip up back in college. Ah Memories!

Kristin said...

Looks like so much fun. This too is my families dream, to build a house as beautiuful as this, and create such wonderful memories.

Jocelyn said...

Way too fun! It probably makes you feel like you lived in a movie. The pictures look fantastic! I'm glad you were able to relive a little bit of your childhood along with adding some memories of your little ones being there too!

Janice said...

Sorry - that Jocelyn post was really me. I didn't realize my sister was logged on instead! (she's visiting for the week)

Anna said...

You took some great photos! Lakes are such fun :)

LeAnn said...

It's so beautiful, Brooke. What fun memories for you and your boys.

Teresa said...

love this post! the picts are fantastic. what a wonderful place.