Monday, March 2, 2009

A Sheepish Hello

Hi Friends. I'm feeling, shall we say, a bit sheepish for not posting for almost two months. I do have an excuse, though. I think it's an excellent one. I'm pregnant. I'm finally wrapping up that dreadful first trimester and I can actually see beyond trying not to lose my cookies and my next nap.

The best part of February: My sweet Jonah boy was baptized! Here is his invitation:





It was a beautiful baptism and my pregnancy hormones made me extra emotional. Todd's parents and his brother, Boo and sister, Angela flew out for the big event.




Here is Jonah with friends, Marshall and Charlie,chowing down on barbeque beef buns after the baptism:






This is what Jonah wrote in his baptism memory book (I hope he doesn't mind me posting it): "After I got Baptized, I felt like I was perfect as Jesus. I felt like I was fresh out of the box. I felt like Satan (or Lucifer) was gone forever." (I love this child.)

Moving on....today I woke up to three kids deliriously jumping all over me. "Look out the window! There is snow EVERYWHERE!!!!" Sure enough there was! This is our first snow storm since moving to Virginia almost three years ago. I'll admit even I was excited at the 1 inch of snow on the ground. The kids begged me to get their snow gear out of storage in the garage and by eight o'clock, they were dressed and ready to go out and make snowballs.


ANTICIPATION:





Can we go out already??!!!





And They're Off!!!!








Later on, after the older boys were off to school, my neighbor invited Reuben and I to go sledding with her. "Sledding?", I queried, "Isn't Norfolk Flat?" Turns out, there are a few man-made "bumps" near our house at Northside Park.



10 comments:

Shawn and Mish said...

Congratulations! Glad you are feeling better. 4 is a big number!!

Jenna said...

The baptism was wonderful, we just love your family and I am just way bummed that I won't be around when you have a darling little girl...(fingers crossed) okay, even if you have another boy, we already know he'll be adorable! Sounds as though we woke up in a very similar fashion today.

LeAnn said...

I went back to bed this morning--scratchy throat and still no voice. I admire your enthusiasm and the fact that you have snow gear.

Your favorite sister said...

Congratulations Brooke! How fun for your family.I bet your boys are so excited.

Congratulations to Jonah too. I love what he wrote in his baptism book. I can't believe that all these boys that were in my class are growing up so fast!

Catherine said...

Congratulations, Brooke! Good luck with the girl thing... but boys are so much fun, I'm sure you'll be happy either way!

Lake said...

Whoo Hoo!!! Congrats and I need some more info. When are you due and when do you find out the sex of the baby? I am very excited for you!

Teresa said...

Oh Brooke....another baby Crandall! how exciting!
and Jonah's baptism looked like a great event. I liked the photo in the church bathroom with all it's whiteness.

tiff said...

horray! can't wait to see you this summer. heck maybe i'll be pregnant too.

heidigoseek said...

i'm with teresa. who'da though the church bathroom would provide the perfect lighting for the white picture??
though i've said it a ton. we're so happy for your family:)

allyn said...

i was feeling bad for not having had read your blog for a while. turns out neither had you.
the baptism was beautiful and unforgettable (two t's in that one, who knew) and the snow was pretty spectacular. good job actually getting pictures of it.