Sunday, November 9, 2008

Colonial Boy

Jonah was invited to a revolutionary war birthday party this past weekend. This family is known for their huge, elaborate parties and this party was no different. When I dropped Jonah off, I noticed that all four kids and the parents were dressed in colonial period costume right down to the powdered wigs. Jonah informed me five minutes before the party that he had to dress up, so this is what we threw together.

We wrapped the gift up in brown paper and I had to laugh when I read what Jonah wrote on it:

"TO CHARLIE, FROM COLONIAL BOY."

6 comments:

heidigoseek said...

i guess marshall would have been the great-great-great grandson of the colonial boy...he wore shorts and a tee shirt:) i think jonah's version looks pretty good!

Teresa said...

Jonah looks perfect.
Miss you Brooke!

LeAnn said...

You did great pulling that together in a matter of minutes. Looks like you planned it a week ahead.

Little Hensley Fam said...

too cute! and pretty good for short notice!

Janice said...

Ok, so I think it has been a while since I told you that you must be the COOLEST mom EVER! You are so clever! The outfit looks great, and it seems as though he had a blast!

Lake said...

Way to go pulling that together at the last minute. He looks great!