Friday, October 10, 2008

Dinner Doldrums

I have a few friends (Heidi, Teresa) who are true gourmands. To them the terms ART and FOOD are synonymous. You know food is art and art is food (I guess not all art is food. Have you tasted Monet’s Water Lilies? A little soggy, but on the whole delicious and full of vitamins). I am not a gourmand. Unless a love for EATING delicious food counts. My eyes don’t light up when I see a kitchen. Oftentimes, my heart fills with dread when I notice the dinner hour is fast approaching. Last week, I bought a fun cookbook and some colorful cooking utensils—hoping to combat my dinner preparation doldrums.


Is my plan working? Surprisingly, yes! Last week I whipped up homemade donuts (with Reuben's help)



Mediterranean Pork skewers with Taboli:














And Triple-smoked Pasta (Eet waz so gouda!)













On next week's menu: Cobb salad, Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomato Cream Sauce, and Chipotle Salmon Tacos. Who knew a brightly-colored cookbook purchased at TJMaxx for $6.99 and one brave blue spatula could bring so much joy to the Crandall family!

5 comments:

tiff said...

Stop-youre putting us all to shame!! My menu this week included the ever popular meatloaf-much to todd's disappointment.

Teresa said...

That menu sounds so delicious! Way to go Brooke!
A gourmand? Hardly. I am not as good a cook as you are a literary with remarkable vocabulary skills.

Shawn and Mish said...

I love reading your blog. Your food looks delicious, and I'm sure it tastes better than it looks!

Brooke said...

Thanks, Michelle!

heidigoseek said...

I know the pasta was great:) The rest of the menu looks and sounds delicious.
I am with Teresa on the whole "gourmand" business. I just love to cook.